For shipments released Customs after March 1st 2020. Any and all shipments cleared prior to March 1st 2020 these payments are due to Thompson Ahern & Co. Limited
Customs Notice 20-11
Ottawa, March 27, 2020
This notice provides information regarding the extension of timeframes for the payment of customs duties and the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Customs Notice 20-11, “As such, the timeframe for all payments due to the Agency (customs duties and GST on regular imports, re-assessments, penalties, etc.) are extended to June 30, 2020. This also includes charges on the statement of account of March due on April 1, 2020.”.
Here is more detailed information that we can confirm now. We will keep you advised as additional information is received. The payment deferral refers to all, not just month-end, duties and taxes owing. This is for everything owed from March 28, 2020 forward, including the March 2020 SOA.
- The timeframe for the filing of accounting information is unchanged although Late Accounting Penalties, for releases within the designated period (see CN 20-10), will be waived.
- All payments received by CBSA by Thursday, March 26, 2020 by CBSA will be processed.
- Cheques received by CBSA from Friday, March 27, 2020 until Friday, April 10, 2020 inclusive - CBSA will contact the cheque issuer to see if they want it cashed or destroyed.
- Cheques received by CBSA after Friday, April 10, 2020 – CBSA will assume that is an intended payment and will cash the cheque.
- E-payments received between March 28, 2020 and Friday; April 10, 2020 inclusive – CBSA will return these payments.
- E-payments received after Friday, April 10, 2020 – CBSA will assume that it is an intended payment and will process it.
- All of the foregoing applies equally to importers (both resident and non-resident) and customs brokers. This applies to commercial importations.
- Commercial Pay-as-you-go details are under consideration.
For additional information please contact us at email@example.com
<< Go back to the previous page