We get it right the first time!
Thompson Ahern provides a full range of Canadian brokerage services to clear your shipments through Customs as quickly, accurately, and efficiently as possible.
We help you cross the border hassle-free!
Our network of offices, affiliated partners and agents located at all major inland ports and border crossings means that we’re present and available to help—wherever, whenever. Thompson Ahern has a proven track record of client satisfaction—indicated by our 99% retention rate and over 100 years in the business. We strive for first-call resolution each time a client contacts us. Rest assured you can communicate with the same Thompson Ahern representative on your enquiry; you won’t be bounced back and forth between staff members. Our response time is quick and our commitment to providing top-tier customer service is thorough.
We are active participants in all the latest Customs electronic release initiatives—your shipments are rapidly expedited no matter when or where they arrive. We deal with an exhaustive range of organizations, commodities and shipment sizes. We measure our performance and currently 96.3% of all customer shipments are released within the first three hours.
Customs brokerage services include…
- Immediate release of shipments
- Tariff classification
- Filing of entries with Canada Border Services Agency
- Determination of duties and taxes owed and facilitation of your payments to the Canadian government
- Collection and maintenance of CUSMA/USMCA (Canada/U.S./Mexico Agreement) and other trade agreement certificates of origin as applicable
- Arrangement of local deliveries, payment of disbursements as necessary
- Processing of refund claims, amendments and duty drawbacks
- OGD interfacing
A comprehensive range of professional advisory services are available to assist our clients in optimizing their international trade processes and ensuring that they receive the most advantageous tariff classifications and rates of duty. Our experienced consultants are conversant in all areas of Customs law, practice and operational procedure.